Guide to Applying for ESTA for USA Travel

When you are not a citizen of USA and you think of going there, you must have an idea about how hard it is to undergo the entire process and acquiring requirements. But thanks to ESTA, because a system called ESTA or Electronic System for Travel Authorization is there to make the process easy and swift for you. It is designed to make assessment on the travelers before they are permitted to go to US. Not all non-US citizens are qualified to apply for this, since this is only for those countries under the so-called Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Visa Waiver Program allows the citizens of countries included in an agreement with US to enter the US territory without using visa.

The application process is simple and easy to complete, as it is just a four-step process. Applicants can go through the process anywhere and anytime because the system can be accessed online and there’s no need to go to the U.S. Embassy. The first step is to fill out the application form thoroughly and it’s important for the passport to be readily available as some details from it will be required. The next step is to just complete the application form before submitting then it’s followed by paying the processing fee, which is only $4. Most feedback and messages regarding the application are sent back as soon as a few minutes, but some applications may take 72 hours before the applicant will hear about the result. An approved application may move on to the next processes but a $10 processing fee will be asked by then.

If the result is negative, the traveler is still allowed to travel to U.S. using a visitor visa for being rejected from ESTA. This means that the traveler is not granted with the benefit of VWP. Recent changes to the program, though, could possibly explain why the ESTA USA won’t be approved. First amendment provides that citizens of countries included in VWP but have dual citizenship with Iraq, Sudan, Iran or Syria and even if they do not hold passport under the mentioned countries are not permitted to take entry using VWP and they should have to acquire a visitor visa.

Another change of the program bans the people from countries under VWP and had traveled to Iran, Iraw, Syria or Sudan on March 1, 2011 and onwards from entering US territory without visitor visa. However, there is an exception to those who visited the said countries through active military services. Although some technicalities make the process difficult, the ESTA USA method helps lessen the hassle of applying for travel to the U.S.

What Are The Leading Categories Of E Visa India?

E visa India seems to be the easiest and most convenient means of applying Indian-visa. But before applying for this visa, you should decide your actual purpose. The purpose should be mentioned within the application form. Your purpose will enable the authority to decide that which visa-type should be issued to you.

Primary Indian electronic-visa types:

  • Tourist visa: Short-term sightseeing or yoga-programs in India can be now easily attended with this visa. In general, 6-month tenure is allowed but if you wish you can make the tenure extended a bit. Another tourist-visa application might take 45-days extra for approval by Home-affairs ministry.
  • Entry-X visa: This particular visa is allowed to Indian-origin having foreigner, children or spouse of Indian-origin having foreigner and foreigner’s children or spouse having a long-term visa for either business or employment. Extensions on this visa can be gained, but it does not allow working in India.
  • Employment visa: Long-term employment holder foreigners need this visa. One-year is the normal-limit, but the limit can be extended as per need. The applicants having $25000 income per-year can receive the visa, and some exceptions are non-English language-teachers, translators, ethnic cooks, volunteers and others.
  • Intern-I visa: Internship at Indian-organization can enable you getting this visa. Within one-year of post-graduation or graduation, this internship should be attended. One-year is the maximum visa-tenure for an internship.